Series: Finish the Work
Finish the Work: The Law of the Harvest
May 19, 2019 | Sam Shaw
2 Corinthians 9:6-15
Lead Pastor Sam Shaw walks us through one of the greatest promises of the Bible - the Law of the Harvest. You reap what you sow. It's true of marriage. It's true of a job. It's true of education. It's true of everything in life. You will never get a return on an investment you never make. And you will never receive a harvest if you don't plant a seed.
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-15.
- What are 3 reasons for the lack of generosity in your life?
- Most of us aren't generous, because true generosity is risky. Where is God calling you to be more generous?
- Read Proverbs 11:24-25. In God's economy, when we generously give, others are served, we are blessed, and God is glorified. How does God's economy differ from that of our culture?
- Pastor Sam mentioned two qualifiers to receiving God's blessing from our giving. One was making a decision and following through with it. What decision has God put on your heart? What steps can you take to actively follow through with that decision?
- The other qualifier to not receiving God's blessing is attitude. Read Deuteronomy 15:10. Why does it matter what's in our heart when we give? Read 2 Corinthians 9:7. What does God love?
- When was the last time you stopped yourself from being generous because it seemed foolish? Read Proverbs 3:9-10. What does God promise in this passage?
- Did you grow up in a home where generosity was modeled? What were your earliest experiences of generosity? How do those experiences shape your own generosity today?
- What risks will you take with your generosity this week? This month? This year?
In this three-week series, we'll dive into what the Bible says about living generously in 2 Corinthians 8-9. And how surrendering our trust in the things of this world, can unlock freedom and establish a deeper trust in the one who holds it all.