Jesus Called Us His Friends
April 15, 2018 | Sam Shaw
- What are some important qualities you look for in a friend? How does Jesus fill these qualities?
- How do you fill these qualities for other Christians?
- How should being a friend of God impact your approach to spiritual growth?
- Retell the story of God letting Abraham in on his plans for Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18). What are some practical ways God includes us in his plans?
- Retell the story of Elijah on Mt Carmel and the “god contest” (1 Kings 18). Spend some time as a group thinking of one way you could ask God to display his greatness (much like Moses and Elijah did). Then, in prayer, actually ask God to do that, for his glory.
What does it mean to be a new creation? What does it mean to be a child of God? This sermon series breaks down names that are given to believers in Jesus Christ that are used in Scripture. By understanding these names we will know better how to live lives that glorify God.