Series: Abound in Hope
What Is Our Hope And Where Do We Find It?
December 02, 2018 | Sam Shaw
In this Advent Season we have started a new series on hope. Hope is very powerful. The world often confuses hope with wishful thinking or their desires. In this sermon, Pastor Sam walks us through Romans 15:13, showing us what Biblical hope is, who the author of hope is, and the promises God has given us to sustain our hope.
- Help each other memorize Romans 15:13.
- How would you define "hope"?
- Share a time when hope sustained you.
- How can we deal with situations where our hopers are crushed?
- If hope is based on promises, what promises have you based your hope on?
A wise person once said, "We can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but not a single second without hope." Hope initiates. Hope motivates. Hope liberates. That is why the greatest gift you and I can give anyone is hope. This Advent series answers the question, "What is hope and where can I find it?"