Series: It Matters
Why Worship Matters?
March 11, 2018 | John Nix
- Do you struggle more with private or public worship?
- What truth do you find missing most during our gatherings?
- Why is gathering with The Orchard family so important?
- Are you more of a spectator or worker when we gather? Why?
- How will you prepare for our next gathering?
- Do you sing during our gatherings? Why or why not?
- What stands out from Willam Temple’s quote, “Worship is the submission of all our nature to God. It is the quickening of conscience by His holiness; the nourishment of mind with His truth; the purifying of imagination by His Beauty; the opening of the heart to His love; the surrender of will to His purpose – and all of this gathered up in adoration, the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable and therefore the chief remedy for that self-centeredness which is our original sin and the source of all actual sin”.