Series: It Matters
Why Worship Matters?
March 11, 2018 | John Nix
- Do you struggle more with private or public worship?
- What truth do you find missing most during our gatherings?
- Why is gathering with The Orchard family so important?
- Are you more of a spectator or worker when we gather? Why?
- How will you prepare for our next gathering?
- Do you sing during our gatherings? Why or why not?
- What stands out from Willam Temple’s quote, “Worship is the submission of all our nature to God. It is the quickening of conscience by His holiness; the nourishment of mind with His truth; the purifying of imagination by His Beauty; the opening of the heart to His love; the surrender of will to His purpose – and all of this gathered up in adoration, the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable and therefore the chief remedy for that self-centeredness which is our original sin and the source of all actual sin”.
This sermon series focuses on topics in Scripture which are important to God, and why they should matter to us today. Such as the gospel, baptism, membership, etc.