1. Name places in the Bible where it talks about shepherds or where shepherds played an important role.
2. How does the picture of a shepherd help us understand God’s care for us? (Psalm 23)
3. What are some of the voices in your life that you struggle with? How can you focus more on God’s voice?
4. How do we experience abundant life now? Why do we normally emphasize quantity instead of quality when it comes to eternal life? Do you think we get it backwards? Why or why not?
5. What are some ways to identify “wolves?” (Acts 20:28-31; Jude 3-4)
6. Who are the sheep not of this fold and what does that have to do with you? What does that mean for local churches?
7. Take time to meditate on the reality that Jesus knows and calls you by name. In what ways does this stir your emotions?