1. Why was Jesus crucified, according to Pilate?
2. Why was Jesus crucified according to Isaiah 53; Matthew 20:28; 1 Peter 2:24-25; Romans 3:23-25; 1 John 4:10; Ephesians 1:7 How does Jesus fulfill the prophecy of Psalm 22:18; Psalm 69:19-21; Psalm 34:19-20, and Zechariah 12:10?
3. What did Jesus finish (John 19:30), and what does that mean for Christians? Name some ways we try to add to Jesus’ finished work.
4. Do you find it challenging to share your testimony or talk about Jesus? Why or why not?
5. How might meditating on the cross help you see that the penalty for your worst sin is paid in full? Why is that difficult to believe sometimes?