Here are some questions that we hope you'll take a few minutes to think through and answer.
- What details indicate the severity of this storm?
- When storms come our way, how can we see them from a divine perspective? What should we ask from God in them?
- Read Hebrews 12:5-11. How should we think about God’s discipline in light of his characteristics of love, mercy, grace, and patience?
- Read Acts 27. How do Paul’s faith and actions compare with what you find in Jonah?
- What is the significance for the sailors of Jonah’s sleeping—Jonah’s indifference—during the storm? What might be the significance of a casual attitude toward telling a non-Christian relative about the love of God in Christ?
- How should the church respond to the world as it struggles with its conflicting ideas?
- Read Romans 13:11–14, Ephesians 5:8–14, and 1 Thessalonians 5:4–8. How do we stay awake and not become sleepy spiritually speaking?
Speaker: John Nix
October 24, 2021
Lead Pastor / Elder
You can add your own personal sermon notes along the way. When you're finished, you'll be able to email or download your notes.