ABIDE Week 3 (12.13.15) - Sermon Discussion Questions
1. Give the name of a friend who has made a difference in your life. What was he or she like? Why did they impact you the way they did?
2. Read John 15:9-17. How would you summarize the big idea of these verses in a single sentence? Is there anything about these verses that raises a question in your mind? Anything that challenges you? Explain.
3. Read vs. 9. How does the Father love Jesus? How does Jesus love usas his Father loved him?
4. Read vs. 12. How are we to love each other as Jesus loved us? What are some ways Jesus loves us?
5. Read vs. 13. How is Christian love greater than the world’s love? Have you ever experienced someone who loved you in a greater way?
6. What does it mean to lay down your life (literally, “your soul”) for your friends? How do we do that in everyday life?
Read vs. 14. What do you think it means to be a “friend of God?”
How would your relationship with God change if you trusted and confided in him as you do your best friend?