For many of us, our problem isn’t that we’re not rich (if you make $45,000 per year, you’re in the top 1% of wage earners worldwide); our problem is that we don’t feel rich. The desire to feel wealthy causes us to place our hope in money instead of in God. But the Bible describes a different way of thinking about and using our wealth.
1. When or what was the richest you’ve ever felt?
2. Read 1 Timothy 6:17-19. Talk about a time when you gave money to meet someone else’s need. How did it make you feel?
3. What is one thing that stands in the way of you being an over-the-top generous person? What is one thing you can do to overcome that obstacle?
4. Read 1 Chron 29:10-16. How did David view God? How did he view his giving?
5. How would things change if everyone at our church determined to honor God with what they have. What kinds of things could we accomplish collectively in our local community?
6. What is one step you can take this week toward becoming a percentage giver? What can this group do to support you?