1. Read Acts 26:1-23. This is Paul’s faith story (testimony). What are the three parts of his story?
2. Use the same three stages to share your own story of how you came to faith.
- Before Christ - Where were you spiritually before receiving Christ and how did that affect you - your feelings, attitudes, actions, relationships.
For example... “I grew up in a dysfunctional home where I was rejected and could not trust anyone.....”
- Coming to Christ - What caused you to begin considering Christ? What finally motivated you to receive Christ? Specifically, how did you receive Christ?
For example... “In college, I met some friends who had a peace and joy that was foreign to me. They talked to me about Jesus and how he was the secret of their joy. One Wednesday, I heard someone clearly explain how someone could turn to Christ by faith. I decided right then..... “
- After Christ - How did your life begin to change after you trusted Christ? What benefits have you experienced since becoming a Christian?
For example.... “I’ve had lots of ups and downs, but there is one thing that has always stayed with me - God loves and accepts me, and he is .....”
3. Read Luke 5:27-31. What is a Matthew Party? Have you ever had a Matthew Party? Who would you invite to a Matthew party? When might you schedule a Matthew Party?
4. Who will you try to invite to Easter Sunday at the Orchard? Give the names and pray for them.