- What hymns or Christian songs are especially meaningful to you? Why?
- The hymn, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" is from Lamentations 3:22-23. What is so powerful about these verses?
- What are some of the top Hope killers in our culture? Which hope-killer have you personally had to deal with? What kept you from giving up completely? What kept you from wallowing in self-pity?
- What do people typically turn to when they need hope?
- When you have been down, what has given you hope? How do you deal with discouragement?
- Can human beings have any ultimate sense of hope in life without belief in a personal God?
- 1 Peter 3:15 says: ‘But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.’ How does today’s message contribute to your personal understanding of the Christian hope? How would you respond if a non-believing friend asked you why you are a Christian?