- Talk about a time when someone outside your family did something loving for you. What made that act or expression of love meaningful to you?
- Describe the time when you first found the love of Christ or a time when your affection for him was especially vibrant. How did you express that love for God at that time?
- Why will love last longer than any other gifts, such as prophecy and tongues?
- What circumstances make you wonder if God still loves you? In other words, what makes you feel separated from his love?
- Read Romans 8:31-38. According to this passage, how has God shown his love to us? List all the things you can find.
- According to Romans 8:31-39, how can we know God’s love never fails? What things are unable to separate us from his love? What categories of life do these examples cover? For example, “things present and things to come” would fit into the category of time.
- What do you do, or what could you do to remind yourself of God’s unfailing love at times when you wonder whether God loves you?
- Read 1 Cor 14:1. What are some ways that we can pursue love?
- Look back through 1 Cor 13. What characteristic of love do you find the hardest to live out? Which aspect comes most naturally to you? How can you grow in that area of weakness?