- Why is it important to remember that the church has always faced challenges and problems?
How does a church guard against divisions
- What strikes you about the following quote: "Christian love is not the victim of our emotions but the servant of our will." –John Stott
- Walk through the following together:
Love is mature when it is patient, immature when it is abrupt, and childish when it cannot wait.
Love is mature when it is considerate, immature when it forgets.., and childish when it ignores.
Love is mature when it is certain, immature when it is suspicious, and childish when it stops trusting.
Love is mature when it is sacrificial, immature when it exchanges, and childish when it is demanding.
Love is mature when acts its way into feeling, immature when it feels but doesn’t act or acts but doesn’t feel, and childish when it no longer feels or acts.
- The greatest evidence that heaven has invaded our sphere, that the Spirit has been poured out upon us, that we are citizens of a kingdom not yet consummated, is Christian love. –D.A. Carson
- Where have you seen this evidence of grace at Orchard?