- Briefly review the story of Ruth 1-2.
- Read Ruth 3. What questions does this chapter raise in your mind?
- What do you think of Naomi’s plan? What were Naomi’s instructions to Ruth? What was she thinking?
- How do you account for such boldness in a male-dominated culture?
- Why do you think Ruth uncovered Boaz’s feet?
- Everyone in this story is taking a risk. What did Naomi risk? What did Ruth risk? What did Boaz risk?
- Where do you think Ruth and Boaz found the will and strength to stay pure that night, when everything seemed to encourage them to make love? What does this say to Christians about: The media we watch? The way we train our children? The way we handle our sexual drive?
- How do you see love being expressed in this chapter? What does this chapter say about the love of God?