1. How does culture diminish the idea of love? How has the word “love” evolved? Why is it important to have a healthy and biblical understanding of love?
2. Read Ruth 4:1-6. Why does the other “near redeemer” go unnamed? Why does this other redeemer refuse his right to redeem?
3. Compare and contrast Boaz and the “redeemer?”
4. Read 1 Corinthians 13:2 and respond to this quote: Love is the key to unlocking eternal significance.
5. Love tends to have a ripple effect. The decision to love God translates into a love for others. How have you seen the ripple effect of love?
6. If sacrifice is the language of love, how have you loved others? Can you love without sacrifice?
7. Boaz, and this story of Ruth, are pictures of Jesus and the Gospel. How do you see Jesus and the Gospel in this chapter?
8. How is Jesus a greater Boaz?
9. Summarize the story of Ruth in your own words. What are some of your favorite parts of this story?