1. When you hear the term, “personal spiritual awakening,” what comes to mind?
2. Hezekiah’s father was one of the worst kings in the history of Judah. Yet, his son, Hezekiah, was one of the godliest. How do you explain that?
3. Read 2 Chron 29:3-11. What does this say about Hezekiah’s priorities as king? Why was the temple so critical?
4. Was there ever a time in your life when you had to clean out some junk in your life in order to experience God in a fresh way?
5. Do you think it is possible to serve God with sin in your life? If your answer is no, how do you explain so many who are apparently used by God and later discovered to have secret sinful patterns?
6. Hezekiah’s story illustrates five factors necessary to experience a personal spiritual awakening: confession of sin, commitment to obey the Scriptures, the centrality of the gospel, prayer for others, and extravagant generosity. Which of these five do you personally need to focus on?